Share Your Story
Whose Stories do we tell?
What can you share in your story?
You can talk about your journey in your own words
Share an inflection point that can inspire others
Talk about your relationship with faith and your community
About your sexuality and gender identity, and how it interacts with other aspects of your life.
About queer Muslim culture - Icons that inspired you when growing up, food and rituals that enrich your life, language and words that allows you to define yourself, films and visual arts that resonates with you
In what form can you submit your story?You can share a photo story, a blog post, or even videos
Photos can help us understand you and the world you live in. We publish the photo along with a caption on our social media platforms.
Things to consider when sending a photo story:1. Centre your caption around a central idea, with a hook that engages the reader. (Word Limit: 150 words)
2. You may include a beginning, a challenge/conflict, and a resolution.
3. Send us a few high res photo options (Resolution: 300 DPI) that are wide and mid shots against a non-busy background.
Please refer to some stories shared on our feed. Here are some examples
If you prefer to be discreet about your identity you can use a pseudonym, share a photo of your silhouette, or use other creative ways to remain anonymous. Here are some examples
You can submit clips or edited videos to share nuanced narratives and use visuals, music, voice overs to be able to create a world that describes your story. Things to consider
1. You can collaborate with us to create a reel about a subject or around a marquee date.
2. Send us a short brief (50-60 words) about the reel you want to produce. Tell us the visual form you would like to use. You can also share reference links with your brief.
3. 3. You don’t have to be a creator to produce a reel, you just have to be a good visual storyteller. We often provide support with scripting and video editing.
Please refer to some of the reels shared on our feed
We feature upcoming and visual and literary artists, curators and cultural leaders to create a wider conversation about queer Muslim lives and culture on our blog
To be featured on a blog submit a short proposal sharing the following:1. About the blog?
2. Form- Whether you want to share it as an interview, a photo album, a short story, your body of work.
3. Tell us a little bit about yourself